November 24, 2008

I'm Pretty Sure This Might Be the Life.

"We'd waste our weeks beneath the sun. We'd fry our brains and say it's so much fun out here. And when it's all over, I'll come back for another year."
- Jack's Mannequin - "Holiday From Real"


The first day of California living: a late-night slumber party of excitement.

I'll consider the "first day" here to be the day after all of the bags were unpacked, all of the groceries were bought, and the general living area was situated enough for us to call our apartment something more than a large storage bin. Those first twenty-four hours were actually something I'd deem "splendid."

It was a miniature vacation, really. It was a day at the spa...



...combined with a Hollywood tour...



(Clockwise from top left: Tiny HOLLYWOOD Sign, Mann's Chinese Theater, Richard Pryor's Star, Hidden Spider-Man.)

...placed neatly overtop lots of lounging in the sunshine.



Quite frankly, it was a bit like being a kid in a candy store; that is, if by "kid" I meant "legal drinker" and by "candy store" I meant "debauchery-ville." Because let's face it, you can't really enjoy LA unless you're also enjoying a good hangover the next day. And there was plenty of that, too.



They were all of the fantastically empty experiences that I thought I could have out here. And nothing more. And I was happy with that.


This Entry In Song:
Jack's Mannequin - "Holiday From Real"
My Favorite Highway - "Simple Life"


Be Back Soon,
Shaky Jake

No comments:

From IA to LA: The Hillbilly Takes Hollywood