February 21, 2009

I've Made a Dent: An Epiphony List Update.

"I ain't done here enough...but at least I'm feelin' better. What the hell, it's a good start."
- Hank Williams Jr., "
It's a Start"

Back when I first had the idea to start this little online journal, one of the main reasons I had in mind to bear its existence was to not only provide insights into my year in California (while simultaneously making jokes about the non-famous people I meet along the way) was to chronicle me completing goals that I set for myself. Out of this came what I called an "Epiphany List"--essentially The Bucket List, but with a much younger version of Morgan Freeman and less dying.

Since I first wrote that list of 20 goals, the only one that I've been able to cross off was "Start a Blog." But now, finally, I'm proud to say that there is not just one, but TWO items that can be digitally scratched off that list.
  • Fully watch the sunrise/set.
  • Take the girlfriend on a romantic beach picnic.
Two birds with one stone on these. For Valentine's Day I took "the little lovely" to the Santa Monica beach just before sunset with a basket full of strawberries, sushi, and individual salads (that came packaged with their own plastic forks!). We also would have knocked out "having an alcoholic beverage on the beach" if somebody (me) hadn't forgotten something very important (corkscrew) at a certain place (the drawer at home). Oh well. Another time.

Unfortunately, February isn't the optimal time to lay on the sand after the sun has dropped, especially not in bare feet. It was an abrupt end to the day, but it was a beautiful Valentine's Day and an honest achievement nonetheless.


This Entry In Song:
Foo Fighters - "February Stars"
Zebrahead - "Just the Tip"

Be Back Soon,
Shaky Jake

No comments:

From IA to LA: The Hillbilly Takes Hollywood