July 16, 2009

Climbing My Personal Mountain. Physically.

"Ain't no mountain high enough..."
- The Temptations, "Ain't No Mountain High Enough"
I'm not sure how I've contained my excitement for as long as I have without spilling it out onto this screen. It is, quite frankly, a miracle by all definitions of the word. (Three. There are three definitions. I looked.) Ladies and gentlemen, this past weekend, specifically on Saturday the 11th, I climbed my mountain. And I don't mean that in the sappy, metaphorical way that means I really just conquered my addiction to drugs and alcohol, but in the true, God's honest way. I climbed a mountain.

It was my Everest. Though, really, it was pretty petite in comparison and was beaten in a matter of perhaps 17 minutes. Nevertheless, it made me a man--scratch that, a man's man--and I can now cross that daunting task off of my Epiphony List. (The mountain-climbing, not the man-being.) If you need any further proof that my testicles are bigger than most people's heads, just have to ask the doctor that did my last physical.

While I do not have pictures (yet) I did have three witnesses...one of whom climbed that rocky incline with me. In your face California. I have now defeated you. If you'll excuse me, I'm going to go eat a meat cookie and nail up some drywall.


This Entry In Song:
Jane's Addiction - "Mountain Song"
Red Hot Chili Peppers - "Higher Ground"

Be Back Soon,
Shaky Jake

No comments:

From IA to LA: The Hillbilly Takes Hollywood