July 5, 2009

John Mayer Re-visited.

"And if I ever want proof, I find it in you.
Yeah, I honestly do. In you I find proof."
- Coldplay, "Proof"
This past couple of weeks I've been struggling with the fact that the two niftiest moments to have happened to me since I moved out to California--receiving The People's Eyebrow from The Rock and seeing an impromptu John Mayer concert--are completely without proof. I have no pictures. I have no autographs. I have nothing.

...UNTIL NOW! (Too dramatic? I debated for a long time whether or not to use that lame device. Decided it was ok...)

Thanks to a YouTuber with the handle BrittneyCA, I now have a sliver of proof tying me to the event on June 14th, 2009:



Did you see me? No? Really? Seriously, because it was pretty apparent. I'm the guy in the green and gray flannel shirt against the wall in the far background! Starting at 19 seconds and ending somewhere near 21 seconds? COME ON, ARE YOU BLIND? All right, well my girlfriend and former roommate are in there too at the 23 second mark...

In any case, I can now rest better knowing that I've been captured on tape being a mere 3 feet from Mayer. So kiss my grits, people.


This Entry In Song:
Ace Enders - "I Told You So"
Motion City Soundtrack - "This Is For Real"

Be Back Soon,
Shaky Jake

No comments:

From IA to LA: The Hillbilly Takes Hollywood