July 3, 2009

Like It Or Not, It’s Transformers...in IMAX.

"Does it feel familiar? Are you comfortable with this?"
- Kristeen Young, "Comfort Is Never a Goal"
I saw Transformers 2 at Universal Citywalk’s IMAX theater last night. It was huge, it was loud, and it was explosive-y. It’s pretty much what you expect from every Michael Bay movie, with the sole exception here being that I didn’t walk away from the theater having already penned a detailed drawing on how I could turn Bay’s major body parts into a stocking cap. I’m still having difficulty accepting the fact that I didn’t completely loathe Transformers 2. If I liked the movie, that means that I must admit to hating Michael Bay less. And quite frankly, that’s just not something I'm ready to do.

So I’ll settle for this: if Michael Bay showed up to my doorstep holding an autographed copy of Miami Vice, I would hesitate longer before shitting in his mouth. Of course, this still doesn’t mean that I’ll be camping out for the midnight showing of Transformers 3: Bigger & Transformier. But, I'll have to consider renting it.


This Entry In Song:
Better Than Ezra - "Hollow"

Be Back Soon,
Shaky Jake

No comments:

From IA to LA: The Hillbilly Takes Hollywood