April 8, 2009

BriTANick: Infinitely Amazing.

"Don't bring any cocaine or hookers to my party."
- Brian of BriTANick,
Taint Monopoly Sketch

Tonight I had the privilege of viewing a top-notch, first rate, premium quality, 100 Proof comedy act known as BriTANick (which rhymes with Titanic for proper pronunciation) at the Upright Citizens Brigade Theater. For the second time in one week. And both times were well worth the cheap admission.

Though I've never been much for sketch comedy outside the basic realm of Saturday Night Live or, at my artsy limit, The State, these two guys (Brian McElhaney and Nick Kocher) have shed much light on the endless possibilities that exist for pure laughs when a couple of guys act silly on stage. I've seen their newest show, The Infinity Prison--which meshes themes of time travel, friendship, cocaine, time cops, clones, cocaine sales, and the insult "chicken faggot" seamlessly--twice thus far, and would gladly pay another $5 to see their happy-go-lucky shenanigans a third time. Sadly, BriTANick rarely makes it out to the West Coast, so I may have to wait a long time before I get the pleasure of seeing their faces again.

But for those of you who live in or near New York, take advantage of them. Watch them! See them! Enjoy them! Make sweet, comedic love to them in your minds!

In the meantime, for the benefit of anyone who hasn't seen or heard of these guys, I take you to my favorite clip from their sketch comedy website. It's basically a snapshot of everything I love about their humor smooshed into a single clip.



There's plenty more where that came from at BriTANick.com.


Be Back Soon,
Shaky Jake

2 comments:

Mary Elizabeth Cobb said...

I grew up with these guys and they are brilliant!

Anonymous said...

Truly talented young guys!

From IA to LA: The Hillbilly Takes Hollywood