April 12, 2009

Long Live The Summer of Live Music!

"By the time we got to Woodstock,
We were half a million strong
Everywhere you look there was a song and hope and a celebration."
- Joni Mitchell, "Woodstock"

It’s concert season, people. And that means music! And what else? More music! Coming from Iowa, concert season isn’t exactly the most spectacular time of the year. Generally, it just means that we’ll be getting regular visits from early 90's alternative has-beens (hello Gin Blossoms) and mid-80's pop-rockers (how do you do, Loverboy?). It’s not usually a Grammy Award-winning list of artists that’s flocking to the Dubuque County Fair.

But this year I’m going to take full advantage of living in California and get my rear in every front-row seat possible. I’ve scoured the lengths of the Internet to get some live music flowing through my veins and I’m determined to take it all in before it’s time to head back home. And luckily for me, SonicLiving has made it much easier for me to organize which of my favorite musicians have shows coming up.

For anyone who's interested, here is my summer concert wishlist.

The highlights will definitely be Rufus Wainwright, Jack's Mannequin, and--bum bum BAH--Anberlin!

It's going to be a great summer, everyone!


This Entry In Music:
Blink 182 - "Rock Show"
Plain White T's - "Sing My Best"
The Gaslight Anthem - "Great Expectations"

Be Back Soon,
Shaky Jake

No comments:

From IA to LA: The Hillbilly Takes Hollywood