April 21, 2009

The Los Angeles Metro Ruins My Life.

"I almost broke my neck tryin' to get out the door. And I chased the bus 'til my feet was sore. On the trail--the tail--but I couldn't catch up. I guess it must have been my day for me to have bad luck."
- Kris Kross, "I Missed the Bus"

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the Los Angeles County Metro Transit for making everyday an adventure and an overall pain in my neck. (And by neck, I mean ass.) Because of the "well-timed" and "not-at-all random" timetable that your aptly-named "Dash" system provides, riders get the thrill of chasing down a bus that wasn't supposed to show up for another 5 minutes, or waiting for a bus that was marked to stop half an hour earlier.

"Maybe it runs on Central time..."

When I think fun, I think L.A. Metro.

Because it just wouldn't be Los Angeles if you could only sit next to a homeless man that smells like stale farts and old hats while being on time for work. No, in L.A. you only get the pleasure of hearing Toothless Paul rant about the obvious connections between Jesus Christ and Sponge Bob Square Pants after having sprinted for the 6:45 bus at 6:29. If you're extra lucky, you may get the bus driver whose mother didn't love him enough and therefore won't stop for you even while you chase after him. Then you can just walk the 4 miles to work.

Warning: This Bus Does Not Stop For Passengers

Los Angeles Metro Transit, fuck you very much. I hope your drivers all die of terrible hemhorroids.


This Entry In Song
Modest Mouse - "Missed the Boat"
Against Me! - "Stop!"
Gym Class Heroes - "Catch Me If You Can"

Be Back Soon,
Shaky Jake

No comments:

From IA to LA: The Hillbilly Takes Hollywood